Friday, July 10, 2009

Clouded is my Mind By Miranda Lingerfelt

Clouded is my Mind

By Miranda Lingerfelt

Sometimes I wonder, will I ever be free?

To be the person I want to be?

Will I ever find the real me?

I’m, twisted and tangled. Mangled in a web of painful emotions. I’ve been cursed by an evil potion. With everyday that passes by, I ask myself, why? I’m a web of painful emotions barely going through the motions. My soul slashed with a knife. What a miserable life.

Every night, I lay me down to sleep, I cry. No matter how hard I try, I can’t escape this gut wrenching pain, driving me insane.

Trapped in a black hole, tortured by screams, silent as the darkness ensnared, writhing me, my pain Why can’t anyone see? What a nightmare this is? Doesn’t anyone care? This is so unfair!

All the dreams I once had, drifted away. I am slowly drowning
in a sea of broken dreams. No one hears my screams. It seams there’s nothing left to say.

What have I done so wrong? In this world, do I belong? I’m a bird locked in a cage. Consumed by remarkable rage. With broken wings, I can sing or fly no more.

The pain, too difficult to endure. My soul’s slowly dying. I know, I must keep trying.Someone set me free. My dreams, lost in a sea of misery. Upon me, shine a light, repair my lost sight.

I’m blind, clouded in my mind. I’ve cried so many years poisoned by a world engrossed with wickedness inside me. I feel a horrifying sickness. All I want is to smile; it’s been a long while. But I can’t seem to wake from this nightmare. Please someone show me they care, set me free! Relinquish me, unfurl my wings.

Allow me to sing.

Only then will I fly happy and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment